- Consider heated storage for wood furniture and other items that are sensitive to moisture.
- Don’t store items that may break if they freeze in non-heated storage areas.
- Store items you will access frequently closest to the door.
- Leave an aisle through your unit if you will be accessing your belongings frequently.
- Store clothing, drapes and fabrics on non-rusting hangers.
- Label all boxes clearly and keep a list of all items in storage.
WHAT NOT TO STORE
Some items cannot be stored by Affordable Storage because they are hazardous. These items include flammable items (paint, varnish, paint thinner, kerosene, oil, gasoline, etc.), corrosives, explosives, matches, lighters, fireworks, furniture polish and other items deemed toxic or dangerous by state and federal law.
For your personal protection and safety, we recommend that you do not store the following items: personal documents, cash, jewelry, securities, furs, art, family photos, deeds, wills and other valuable personal items.